No injuries in Grand Rapids house fire

Posted by Big Rat on Campus on Jun 27, 2018 in Rat News | Subscribe

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — A woman whose house caught fire Sunday credited her neighbors with calling 911.

The fire sparked in the 400 block of Curtis Street NE west of College Avenue in Grand Rapids. Firefighters said they had it out just before 2 p.m.

No one was injured in the fire. The owners’ pet rats also escaped safely.

A woman who was inside the house told 24 Hour News 8 she and her family didn’t initially realize their home was on fire.

“Had the neighbors not called 911, who knows what could’ve happened,” she said.

Firefighters on the scene said they ruled out electricity as the cause of the fire, saying there were no wires near where it started.

Tags: , , , , ,

Copyright © 2019 RatChatter All rights reserved.
RatChatter v1.0 theme from BuyNowShop.com.