Mother, children escape house fire

Posted by Big Rat on Campus on Mar 27, 2013 in Rat News | Subscribe

MOSES LAKE – A mother and her two children evacuated their Moses Lake home when a smoke detector alerted them to a fire.

Moses Lake Fire crews responded to the house on South Ironwood Drive Monday at about 8:50 p.m., where Moses Lake Fire Chief Tom Taylor said they found flames emerging from a bedroom window and igniting the eves.

Firefighters knocked the blaze back from the outside of the home before entering the structure, conducting a search to confirm nobody was inside and fully extinguishing the fire.

Fire crews rescued several animals from the home, Taylor said, including multiple dogs and pet rats.

The occupants of the home were reportedly in the basement when they heard the smoke detector and went upstairs to see the bedroom engulfed in flames before leaving the residence, Taylor said.

Investigators determined the fire started in the bedroom but have so far been unable to locate an exact point of origin or cause, according to Taylor.

Tags: , , , , ,

Copyright © 2020 RatChatter All rights reserved.
RatChatter v1.0 theme from