Cumbria police probe claim pet rats were ‘exploded’ in microwave

Posted by Big Rat on Campus on Aug 21, 2013 in Rat News | Subscribe

Police have launched a probe after it was alleged two pet rats were cooked in a microwave until they exploded.

The incident is thought to have happened at a party and police were apparently alerted by people who had seen comments about the event on social networking website Facebook.

It is believed the rats were bought from Pets at Home in Barrow-in-Furness last weekend.

Police at the weekend confirmed a man had been arrested in connection with the incident.

Detective Chief Inspector Mike Forrester said: “One male has been arrested following inquiries by the police in conjunction with the RSPCA in connection with animal cruelty.

“The individual is currently on bail.”

He said a decision was still to be made as to whether there would be a prosecution.

Pets at Home staff were horrified to learn of material posted on Facebook discussing the incident.

A spokesman said: “We have co-operated fully with the police to help identify those responsible.”

Tags: , , , , ,

Copyright © 2020 RatChatter All rights reserved.
RatChatter v1.0 theme from