Chesterfield Dog Nearly Loses Life To Poison

Posted by Big Rat on Campus on Jan 21, 2013 in Rat Answers | Subscribe

CHESTERFIELD, MO (KTVI) – A Chesterfield woman who almost lost her dog to poison is warning pet owners be careful of what your dog may pick up or walk through while out on a walk.  Louie, a two year old lab mix, is an energetic, healthy dog who runs in agility competitions.  But this week he was fighting for his life because of poison intended for moles or rats.

Nancy Pevnick picked up her dog Louie from an emergency veterinary center Friday, where he’d been treated for internal bleeding and other problems.  His owner and his vet believe he became seriously sick from something he ingested during a recent leash walk in his Chesterfield neighborhood.

Louie went home a little weaker but alive.  He will be taking medicine and eating a special diet for a while, but is expected to make a full recovery.

Since the incident, Nancy Pevnick has put up posters in her Chesterfield neighborhood warning of the poison.  She says she has not yet located the source.

The Midwest Veterinary Referral Center recommends that homeowners use traps or an exterminator instead of poison to get rid of moles or rats.

Tags: , , , , ,

Copyright © 2020 RatChatter All rights reserved.
RatChatter v1.0 theme from