Pets perish in Windsor fire

Posted by Big Rat on Campus on Feb 25, 2013 in Rat News | Subscribe

Windsor Fire is investigating a blaze on Longfellow Avenue that claimed the lives of nine animals and caused $90,000 in damage.

The fire department was called Sunday morning after the owners came home to find their house in ruins and still smoking.

According to Lee Tome, the chief fire prevention officer, the blaze started in the kitchen but self-extinguished before the owners arrived. However, five cats, a bird and three pet rats were killed.

The family dog reportedly survived the fire.

The family was ticketed $235 for not having working smoke detectors on all levels of their home.

News Worth Sharing:





Article source: http://metronews.ca/news/windsor/572917/pets-perish-in-windsor-fire/

Tags: , , , , ,

Copyright © 2017 RatChatter All rights reserved.
RatChatter v1.0 theme from BuyNowShop.com.