Rat Chatter forums
October 21, 2017, 04:13:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mr.R's Dumbo May 5, 2011 ~ RatChatter Forums are permanently CLOSED (Read Only) due to Health Issues. Mr.R's Dumbo

Help Tutorials GoogleTagged Tags  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ivermectin  (Read 1971 times)
Pinkie
Date Registerd: November 10, 2010, 01:42:53 PM
Last Login: January 30, 2011, 05:50:55 PM

« on: November 25, 2010, 12:25:05 PM »

I just adopted four new rats and am seeing signs of mites. One in particular looks anemic, she very quiet and her ear and nose are very pale. I tried to give them all ivermectin with a toothpick but was only half successful. Two licked it up immediately. The other two, one of whom is the anemic one, would not go near it and tried their best to get away. We played a game of chase for a bit, with me trying to get Delicious to take her medicine, and Chai and Milla following behind trying to get the an extra dose!

Any suggestions on how to get it in to my two shy ratties?

RatChatter Mama
Admin-a-ratter
B.R.O.C.
Date Registerd: July 08, 2007, 01:26:47 PM
Last Login: February 21, 2016, 03:06:06 PM
It's 11 ~ Do you know where your ratties are?

MrsRattitude Mrs.Rattitude RatChatter
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »

Wrap them in a towel and then put the meds right on their teeth (using the toothpick). We have a few difficult ones here too and that's what we do. They will lick it off of their teeth.

http://www.rattitude.com      http://www.rattrain.com

Currently owned by 25 ratties! Boggle

13 Boys: Hutch, Tom, Jerry, Porthos (H1), Aramis (H2), Athos (H3), Harry, Pocket, Spot, Lightning Bug, Rex, Squeak and Eric.

12 Girls: Mindy, Mandy, Molly, Mel, MJ, Lil, Blaze, Diva, Sox, Roxie, Posie, and Erica.

~~~( )3:>

55 Times my Heart has been Broken: Ratchet, Chamy, Trekkie, Casper, Angel, Charles, Templeton, Frank, Sammy, Serena, Aly Rat, Nibblett, SweetPea, Missy, Hyper, Inky, Jeremy, TeeTu, Gordon, Minx, Houdini, Bruiser, Addie, Peeka, Number 9, WiiOne, Wall Flower aka Pretty Girl!, Number 8, Ratchetu, Prongs, Ash, Moonie, Black Jack, BJ, Sirius Black, Mynx, Shadow, Wild Thing, Andie, Singleton, Turq, Ditto, Colby, Sweetie, Remey, Tanzi, IJ, Dash, PJ, Cinnamon, Padfoot, Starsky, Krispin, Cat the Rat and Snuggie Bear.

We are currently owned/have been owned by 80 Ratties since June 7, 2003
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: