Rat Chatter forums
October 23, 2017, 04:32:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mr.R's Dumbo May 5, 2011 ~ RatChatter Forums are permanently CLOSED (Read Only) due to Health Issues. Mr.R's Dumbo

Help Tutorials GoogleTagged Tags  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another reason to not breed  (Read 2696 times)
eeper
Date Registerd: July 11, 2010, 02:28:46 AM
Last Login: June 30, 2011, 05:31:56 PM

butterflywingpalace Shayla.AnnS
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:33:16 PM »

Here is a girl that I met from yahoo, known as txturtleytiger who bred her beloved rat that she raised. Her rat, "Housey" is now in the animal hospital fighting to keep her life.

Here's the info from txturtleytiger:
"Housey is a three month old rat that i raised since she was a baby. She is currently in the Animal Hospital recovering from major surgery that she had to drain a hudge abcess that was 4cm X 4cm in size from a atopic pregnancy. She started labor last wensday and gave birth to five stillborn babies, and from what she seemed like, she still had some in her. I took her to the vet today this afternoon to get spayed because she was showing symptoms of a Open Pyometra, which in turn progressed to Closed Pyometra this morning. It cost me 173.00 dollars to have the spay with all of the antibiotics and pennecillin she needs. She just got out of surgery at 6:30pm and is in the recovery unit . I am praying that she makes it through the night because she is my baby and i dont want to lose her! i am very anxious on the possible outcomes for tommarow afternoon when i call after i wake to see if she survived the night- which its nerve-racking just waiting.... she seemed to the vet to be too 'high-spirited' to have the claimed condition so im hoping with her bright attitude that she will make it!! im gonna pray through the night for her .... "

"ok, the vet just called me a 2nd time and told me that her prognosis isnt very good. The vet found out that she had a atopic pregnancy. In which while she was pregnant , a few eggs spilled out into her abdominal cavity and grew there, once she gave stillborn birth to her other 5 , the others were trapped inside of her abdominal cavity and died resulting in a large abcess the size of 4cm by 4cm. there were 7 fetuses they counted, and i had them give her a fighting chance to drain the abcessed and try to remove as much of the uterus they could because that big abcess had fused to her intestines so they could only drain it not remove it. I am going to be praying all night long to see if she'll make it, they said that she has already woken up from the major surgery, and is under a heat lamp to keep warm and she will be there until tomarrow morning, i am scared to call tomarrow to find out if she past away in the night or if she is the 'miracle-rat' that the vet is talking about,"

RatChatter Mama
Admin-a-ratter
B.R.O.C.
Date Registerd: July 08, 2007, 01:26:47 PM
Last Login: February 21, 2016, 03:06:06 PM
It's 11 ~ Do you know where your ratties are?

MrsRattitude Mrs.Rattitude RatChatter
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 12:23:15 PM »

What happened with this rat, did it pass on or is it still alive?

http://www.rattitude.com      http://www.rattrain.com

Currently owned by 25 ratties! Boggle

13 Boys: Hutch, Tom, Jerry, Porthos (H1), Aramis (H2), Athos (H3), Harry, Pocket, Spot, Lightning Bug, Rex, Squeak and Eric.

12 Girls: Mindy, Mandy, Molly, Mel, MJ, Lil, Blaze, Diva, Sox, Roxie, Posie, and Erica.

~~~( )3:>

55 Times my Heart has been Broken: Ratchet, Chamy, Trekkie, Casper, Angel, Charles, Templeton, Frank, Sammy, Serena, Aly Rat, Nibblett, SweetPea, Missy, Hyper, Inky, Jeremy, TeeTu, Gordon, Minx, Houdini, Bruiser, Addie, Peeka, Number 9, WiiOne, Wall Flower aka Pretty Girl!, Number 8, Ratchetu, Prongs, Ash, Moonie, Black Jack, BJ, Sirius Black, Mynx, Shadow, Wild Thing, Andie, Singleton, Turq, Ditto, Colby, Sweetie, Remey, Tanzi, IJ, Dash, PJ, Cinnamon, Padfoot, Starsky, Krispin, Cat the Rat and Snuggie Bear.

We are currently owned/have been owned by 80 Ratties since June 7, 2003
eeper
Date Registerd: July 11, 2010, 02:28:46 AM
Last Login: June 30, 2011, 05:31:56 PM

butterflywingpalace Shayla.AnnS
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 08:06:13 PM »

Here's another update from txturtelytiger:

"i got bad news, yesturday morning when the vet called me , he told me that 'Housey' past away sometime during the middle of the night. I felt so much grief and i was distraught picking her body up at the vets office. I had her buried in my backyard... Sometimes i think about the ''If only-", or "I should have-" things ... R.I.P. "Housey""
RatChatter Mama
Admin-a-ratter
B.R.O.C.
Date Registerd: July 08, 2007, 01:26:47 PM
Last Login: February 21, 2016, 03:06:06 PM
It's 11 ~ Do you know where your ratties are?

MrsRattitude Mrs.Rattitude RatChatter
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:04:12 PM »

So sad... frownie

http://www.rattitude.com      http://www.rattrain.com

Currently owned by 25 ratties! Boggle

13 Boys: Hutch, Tom, Jerry, Porthos (H1), Aramis (H2), Athos (H3), Harry, Pocket, Spot, Lightning Bug, Rex, Squeak and Eric.

12 Girls: Mindy, Mandy, Molly, Mel, MJ, Lil, Blaze, Diva, Sox, Roxie, Posie, and Erica.

~~~( )3:>

55 Times my Heart has been Broken: Ratchet, Chamy, Trekkie, Casper, Angel, Charles, Templeton, Frank, Sammy, Serena, Aly Rat, Nibblett, SweetPea, Missy, Hyper, Inky, Jeremy, TeeTu, Gordon, Minx, Houdini, Bruiser, Addie, Peeka, Number 9, WiiOne, Wall Flower aka Pretty Girl!, Number 8, Ratchetu, Prongs, Ash, Moonie, Black Jack, BJ, Sirius Black, Mynx, Shadow, Wild Thing, Andie, Singleton, Turq, Ditto, Colby, Sweetie, Remey, Tanzi, IJ, Dash, PJ, Cinnamon, Padfoot, Starsky, Krispin, Cat the Rat and Snuggie Bear.

We are currently owned/have been owned by 80 Ratties since June 7, 2003
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: