Fire Destroys Home, Kills Pets in Norwich Township

Posted by Big Rat on Campus on Sep 16, 2014 in Rat News | Subscribe

text size

Updated: Wednesday, January 8 2014, 03:07 PM EST
COLUMBUS (Ken Hines) — An unattended fire likely sparked a blaze that destroyed a home and killed three pet rats on Wednesday morning, according to investigators.

Norwich Township fire fighters were forced to battle the flames at the Polley Road home without the aid of three hydrants that were frozen when crews began to extinguish the flames at approximately 5 a.m.

Investigators believe the occupant of the home initially lit the flames in the home’s fire place to keep her three pet rats warm when she was forced to leave the house amid dangerously low temperatures because of a lack of fuel for her space heaters.

Fire fighters found those space heaters melted to the floor after extinguishing the blaze. The occupant’s pets did not survive the fire.

Fire fighters believe the house is beyond repair. Fire Destroys Home, Kills Pets in Norwich Township


Article source: http://www.myfox28columbus.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wsyx_fire-destroys-home-kills-pets-norwich-township-28469.shtml

Tags: , , , , ,

Copyright © 2017 RatChatter All rights reserved.
RatChatter v1.0 theme from BuyNowShop.com.