Fire damages home in northeast Canton

Posted by Big Rat on Campus on Nov 12, 2013 in Rat News | Subscribe

Firefighters battled a Saturday afternoon blaze, during which two adults and several animals escaped.

Firefighters rescued one dog, which suffered smoke inhalation, said Capt. Steve Teolis, acting battalion chief.

Firefighters were called at 3:32 p.m. Saturday to a two-story house at 1430 Fifth St. NE, where a second-floor bedroom was burning, he said.

Teolis said the cause appeared to be accidental. Investigators were trying to determine if it was an unattended candle or careless smoking.

The dog was pulled from the same room, Teolis said.

Firefighter/paramedics administered oxygen and animal officials took it to a local veterinarian, who called to say the dog would survive, Teolis said.

Firefighters also rescued about four or five dogs, caged pet rats and numerous cats, Teolis said.

The damage to the house was estimated at about $10,000 and to contents at $5,000, he said.

Teolis said the American Red Cross was called to assist the couple.

Article source: http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x888174415/Fire-damages-home-in-northeast-Canton

Tags: , , , , ,

Copyright © 2017 RatChatter All rights reserved.
RatChatter v1.0 theme from BuyNowShop.com.